Thursday, February 6, 2020

Microfiction: Ice





Hint Fiction: Lubricus

One step further than the right amount, confidence of the most detrimental degree. One moment of peace, before all falls out; the feet once trusted fail the owner, as the ground becomes all too familiar.


Dribbles: Rickety

The ankle always trusted is now compromised; interest leads to downfall. As the body once strong falls to the earth, strength was the demise. We see pride leading into failure, but rarely do we see motivation touting surrender.


Author's Note:

This is my attempt at being somewhat succinct in writing; this is no small task for me as I tend to be somewhat flowery in writing. Both of these little 'stories' are centered in reality, as making my way to class today was somewhat terrifying. I currently don't have any stability in my left ankle as I tore the ligaments extensively in a climbing accident, so even the slightest slip on the sidewalk ice was problematic as I can't catch myself or balance effectively whatsoever. These stories use my current lack of faith in my body and more importantly the reason for this issue to explore the lack of confidence brought about by the loss of stability in walking. The stories vary in that the first is focused more on the walking material, hence the use of Lubricus, and explores a bit more the emotion of slipping and falling not due to the owner, but due to the lack of sureness in footing. However, the second story focuses more on the failure of the owner to handle the walking well, and as such is more self-deprecating and defeated in tone.


Photo Credit:
Grey Patch | Kurt Bauschardt

No comments:

Post a Comment