Friday, January 17, 2020

Time Strategies



Through reading the articles provided, namely 'Realistic Study Plans' and 'Why Time Management is Ruining Our Lives' I'm hoping to apply the concept of regular time evaluations more often - as it seems to be a stable way of allowing myself greater structure. The balancing of study hours and free hours is crucial, but also the ability to be realistic with time usage expectations is equally important. Further, the Sisyphus imagery of the latter essay is damning. We perpetually set lofty studying goals, then underperform and condemn ourselves as lazy, as a direct result from unrealistic expectations and subsequent pressure.  


I believe the schedule I've established for myself with aid from our Professor will work well, as it complements the free time I have from other classes, without cluttering my week. Balance between physical classes, online classes, and free time is crucial - as it is easy to forget about online classes and set oneself up for a stressful marathon of built up work. With the slated schedule my goal is to stay ahead of my online class assignments, to the point of this course never representing a stressor in my semester.





Photo Credit:
George Procrastinates | tumblr | Team Coco

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is hilarious, Ben! I was just about to sign off for the day when I saw this laugh-out-loud image pop up. What a great thought to keep in mind as I enjoy the weekend and put off all kinds of things, ha ha. Happy Friday, and thanks for this great writer-ly image!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete