Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Austin - My Favorite Place





One's favorite place should align with one's interests, goals, and needs; it should be more than a pretty location. For me, the only place I can confidently say fulfills all potential requirements, while still having many benefits yet undiscovered, is Austin. Austin, Texas remains my favorite city as it is more layered than any city in which I've spent time. It accommodates all perspectives, encourages all interests, and provides the opportunities required for said interests better than anywhere else.

Austin has a remarkable cycling infrastructure, which allows its residents to navigate the city itself, as well as safely exit the city for longer rides. To me, as a cyclist, this infrastructure is extremely important and is a city feature I greatly miss while in Oklahoma.

Finally, Austin provides a bustling urban center for those interested. Most importantly, Austin boasts an excellent community for young families, young professionals, and those interested in balancing work and life; with great riding, bouldering, and eating, Austin represents the perfect split between home and vacation without ever feeling artificial.


Image 1:
Austin Skyline - Kate Baucherel
Source: Here
Image 2:
Austin By Kayak - "sanwoz"
Source: Here
Image 3:
Austin Skyline from Fairmont Hotel - Katie Haugland Bowen
Source: Here


1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhhhh... Austin! I am with you on that one, Ben! I was born there, although it sure is a different city now than way back in the 60s. We moved away in the early 70s, but my parents moved back there when they retired, and I go back to visit my dad a lot. He lives right near the campus, so it's easy to walk around to see and do things nearby! KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD. :-)

    ReplyDelete