Monday, March 2, 2020

Week 8 Reading & Writing



So far in the semester I am pretty pleased with how my blog and website have turned out- they're both fairly minimal, but not drab. I'm pretty content with my writing so far; I've never done creative writing, so this has been a fun break from tradition. It's been fun accessing that side of the brain. The reading notes help me to write as they allow me to get more into the structural analysis of stories, rather than reading for the story. I picked the above picture for the same reason I chose it the first time around- its symmetry is very appealing to me. The focus on Kabandha with Rama and Lakshmana balanced on either side is interesting, especially considering what the picture is depicting. For the rest of the semester, I hope to continue getting out of this course what I have so far. I've been learning about a culture I hadn't heard much of before and getting to channel some sort of creative energy - that's plenty of benefit I'd say. So, hopefully things continue as they have and remain as fun as they've been.



Photo Credit:

Rama and Lakshmana seated on Kabandha's arms | Painting on ceiling of temple near Salem



No comments:

Post a Comment